Location: Mentor, Ohio
Project Delivery Method: Construction Manager
Architect: Sandvick Architects
Completed: December 2016
Marking the original center of Mentor, the old village hall was built in 1888 in the Queen Anne style. The City of Mentor discontinued the use of the property in 1976. In December of 2013, an affiliate of NMS Certified Public Accounts (NMS) acquired the building and converted it into its Mentor accounting, tax and wealth management offices. The project was completed in December of 2016.
JCI provided construction management & general contracting services for the project. Sandvick Architects of Cleveland served as historical consultants and architects for the project. JCI worked in coordination with the owner & Sandvick to comply with all historical guidelines and ensure material adherence with Ohio Historic Preservation Office and the National Park Service.
Our scope of work included the complete restoration of the brick exterior, new windows, complete restoration of the buildings interior, and all new HVAC, plumbing, electrical and fire alarm systems.
To offset the $1.9 million in development costs, NMS received $508,420 in Historical Preservation Tax Credits and Grants.
Click for the PROJECT PROFILE – PDF